Your Little could be Someone’s BIG

11 Sep

Oh the Amazon eBook rankings! The Evolution of a Stir went from placement of 1,000,000 to 100,000 from just ONE sale (a big thanks to Brian and Sharon Jones). Of course I’ve watched the rankings on and off since the release of my book, but this morning a huge reminder of what one person’s small action means to another. I am so grateful for one sale, however you can imagine what snowball effect one more could have. For those that don’t understand, rankings drive sales by boosting a book’s appearance. The more exposure, the more opportunity. Simple for a reader, significant for an author.

And about that book. A reader and fellow blogger’s recent prompt…
“Imagine yourself doing what you love…being unique, being you”. That simple comment, another reminder of what stirs me most and why I wrote about it. (Thank you Traveling Tortuga!)

Whether it’s buying an eBook, or offering a stranger a smile, your seemingly small gesture could impact another in a grand way.

So click here to buy The Evolution of a Stir now…it’s only 99¢! Then go smile at a stranger!

P.S. Brian Jones has a book too! Indian Paintbrush by B. K. Jones is available here.

11 Responses to “Your Little could be Someone’s BIG”

1. TravelingTortuga September 11, 2014 at 11:39 am #

We got your book back in August … and enjoyed that quote on the card from your friend! We’ve re-read it several times!

• May Your Soul Stir™ September 11, 2014 at 11:44 am #

That’s why I had it pinned to my bulletin board all this time! It’s a great prod.

2. D.G.Kaye October 22, 2014 at 9:47 pm #

What a great post. It seems that so many don’t understand how the rankings work. If you place your book in the right categories, one sale makes a huge difference. I’m happy to share this around, it needs exposure! 🙂

3. D.G.Kaye October 22, 2014 at 9:54 pm #

Just bought your book Cindy. I hope my little purchase gave your ranking a big boost! 🙂

4. sbjones7 January 20, 2015 at 10:07 pm #

Thanks so much for the great review on Amazon. I just noticed it tonight. I hope everything is going well and I’m glad you enjoyed my novel.

• May Your Soul Stir™ January 21, 2015 at 9:22 am #

You are so welcome! Hope everything is going well for y’all.

• sbjones7 February 10, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

We’re doing well. We’re in Fredericksburg Texas through April.

5. Larry Bennett December 10, 2015 at 10:17 am #

Cindy, sorry I haven’t responded sooner, but I loved your book. I liked
    your transparency and willingness to take a calculated risk. This gift of being able to write with such clarity is truly a gift from the Lord. I’ve had a counseling ministry to thousands and I’ve conducted conferences for over 25 years all over the world and could have sold thousands of books, but I struggle with my writing skills. Every time I sit down to write it is such a struggle. But with you, it’s obvious your gifting is an open door to keep writing, its God’s gift to you so you can share it with the world.

Blessings,
    Larry Bennett
    Ellijay, GA

• May Your Soul Stir December 10, 2015 at 8:18 pm #

I can’t even begin to express what your words mean to me. My leap has been met with struggle and I’ve put it down for a bit trying to regain my footing. But I still believe somehow, someway, my writing is an open door. An open door to what I don’t know, but I suppose that is what faith is. I’m beginning to feel the tug again, and know when it’s time, my writing will resume. Thank you so much for letting me know!