Of Faith, Love, and Rattlesnakes

21 Oct

We were on a mission…mission unknown to me, but hand in hand we walked.  We trekked through that pasture, over the unevenness, having to watch each step before we took another.  Unsure of the destination, I knew he loved me and I trusted his course.

His instructions…walk lightly, take small steps, and look straight ahead.  I began to feel apprehension build as he guided me.  Over the rocks, over those crevices, and to the peak of that terrain…we were there.  Still unclear exactly where there was…more instructions ensued.  “Hold my hand tight, do not let go, and be still.”

“Now look down.”

My breath stopped, my heart raced, and my eyes widened.   In those crevices we had maneuvered…hundreds of rattlesnakes lay still beneath us!  He felt me tighten and gripped my hand stronger.  He reminded me to trust him.  And I did.

“Now look up.”

In awe, I took in the beauty and I felt the reward.  We stood on top of that hill…a view of triumph and grandeur.   With poison just below our feet, we had prevailed.  My fear now subsided, we stood high and proud and accomplished…and still he held my hand.

Never alone could I have done that.  Only with the guidance born of love and trust could I have made that trek.  I wonder where my path is taking me now.  As God is holding my hand, I step over rocks.  In whatever form He chooses, I trust I will stand on that hill once again.

8 Responses to “Of Faith, Love, and Rattlesnakes”

1. Darla October 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

OH GIRL!!!! So eloquently said! Something we ALL need to be reminded of.

• May Your Soul Stir October 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

Thanks Darla! Let’s keep on trudging forward with God holding our hand!

2. Darla October 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Really AWESOME!!

3. Sharla October 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

Once again I’m amazed & excited for this journey you are on. This was very uplifting for me today! I needed this.. Thank you Cindy! You reminded me God DOES have us by the hand! I’m grateful…thank you for your inspiration.
    I love you sweet cousin! Keep it coming, always looking for that next post 😄 Blessings to you.

4. Nelle October 21, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

This is truly inspiring!

5. Lauren October 22, 2012 at 12:11 am #

I enjoy reading these so much! You speak so eloquently and it flows so well! Once again, I’m so proud of you!!