New Love

17 Oct

My answer was no…an emphatic no!

Dogs are messy.  Dogs are a responsibility.  Dogs are trouble.  Then he sent a picture.  My son was already smitten and wanted me to feel the same.  I caved…just until other arrangements for a summer residence were made.  So a temporary fence went up for a temporary situation.

Five months later, I am smitten too.  And yes, the dog is messy.  And yes, he’s a responsibility.  And yes, sometimes he’s trouble.  But the moment he positions himself close as if to say “I love you too”…well let’s just say that emphatic no has changed to a heartfelt yes!

15 Responses to “New Love”

1. Paula K October 17, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

Isn’t it just amazing how much you can love an animal? I know I love mine!!!

2. Mind Margins/Run Nature October 17, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

We adopted a dog three summers ago, then adopted another one two weeks after that. I never thought I was a dog person before then. Now, I can’t imagine life without the two mutts.

3. greatpup October 17, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

Puppies have a way of winning your heart very quickly! That’s what makes me love being a puppy walker for the foundation for the blind.

4. Sharla October 17, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

Oh so true….Our animals can become our biggest comfort and love us unconditionally.
    More amazing work Cindy…keep it coming I love your blog and always find myself anticipating your next post!! Love you.

5. Jennifer October 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

There’s nothing better than the unconditional love a pet can give. A stray kitten adopted us about a month ago. We decided if she was going to stay, we better take her to the vet and get her spayed. She is now living in the house. She and Blondie are bonding well. Fun, fun!

6. Lauren October 22, 2012 at 12:21 am #

Mama, I absolutely LOVE the fact that you have grown to become a dog person! They can be a great way to quickly brighten a day!

7. Lisa Shaw November 20, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

This post made me laugh … I read “I Believe In Love,” then this one, and as soon as I saw the photo I knew right where you were headed. Too cute. Good luck to you both! 🙂

8. Gwen January 26, 2014 at 10:53 am #

They love unconditionally and strive to please. How can we not love them! What’s your baby’s name?